12V Lithium ion Start battery for motorbike, quads, light planes, LSA
Our 12V Lithium ion Start battery product line offers large advantages in terms of weight, volume, performance,charge and discharge, and safety for different types of applications (motorbike, quads, light planes, LSA).
PowerStart battery is two times lighter than lead-acid battery. This is a very important advantage for motorcycles competition, flying machines as LSA or light planes.
Our 12V Lithium ion Start battery for motorbike, quads, light planes, LSA:
- Nominal voltage : 12.8V
- 12V starter battery – Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) cells – 16000mAh
- CCA (Cold Cranking Amp) : 600A
- Dimensions : L: 181mm x W: 77mm x H: 167mm
- Weight : 2840g
- Self-discharge : < 5%
- Charging mode : Constant Charge / Constant Voltage
- IP 56 Protection
- Storage température : 0°C à 40°C @60±25% relative humidity
Why using a PowerStart 12V Lithium ion battery ?
Lithium ion 12V Start battery :
- Supports more charge/discharge cycles. This to guarantee more starting on a short period of time (allows a greater activity).
- Unlike Lead-acid batteries, PowerStart battery has a very low voltage during operation, and deliver constant power to the starter
- Very low self discharge rate, No maintenance
- Large operating temperature range : from -15°C up to +60°C for engine start (0°C to +60°C in charge)
- High Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) for easy engine start at low temperature.
- Each PowerStart® is fitted with a built-in BMS system to ensure high lifespan and safety
Common questions about 12V Lithium ion Start battery :
- What can I do if my 12V Lithium ion Start battery is completely discharged ?
- How to install 12V Lithium ion Start battery?
- Can I use a conventional charger for my 12V Lithium ion Start battery?
That is quite easy : You just need to recharge the PowerStart® lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery with a standard charger. Charge time is minimum 2 hours. Unlike 24h after discharge for a lead-acid battery
The 12V Lithium ion PowerStart® battery products are designed around a sealed and waterproof case. PowerStart® can be installed in any positions (tilted or lying). Replace your old fashion Lead acid with PowerStart® and just start your engine..
Conventional Lead-Acid battery charger: PowerStart® Battery Management System (BMS) is designed to be compatible with standard chargers. Nevertheless, you need to check that charger has a built-in CC/CV charge algorithm (Constant Current / Constant Voltage) and a maximum charge voltage between 14.4V and 14.6V
Lithium ion charger: This is the best way to charge PowerStart® Lithium ion battery. These chargers embeds some dedicated charge algorithm with precise charge voltage. It also efficiently manage charge floating voltage and duration in order to maximize battery life span.
What about overheating, explosion, fire risk ?
The Lithium ion iron Phosphates (LiFePO4) PowerStart® batteries embeds an built-in Battery Management System (BMS) that control in real time the system. Besides, there is no risk of leak contrary to lead-acid batteries. So, the explosion or fire risk does not exist.
Regarding the environment?
The embed material are much less aggressive for the environment than those used for the classical batteries.
PowerStart® 12V Lithium ion batteries is designed to be planet friendly.