12V Lithium-ion Start battery for motorbike, quads, light planes, LSA
Our 12V Lithium-ion Start battery product line offers considerable advantages in terms of weight, volume, performance, charge and discharge, and security for your various applications (motorbike, quads, light planes, LSA).
The PowerStart battery is three times lighter than lead one. An ideal characteristic in particular for motorcycles competition, or on flying machines as ULM or planes.
Why using a PowerStart 12V Lithium-ion battery ?
Lithium-ion 12V Start battery :
- Supports more charging and discharging cycles, what guarantees more starting on a short period of time (allows a bigger activity).
- Regarding batteries with charge : they are frozen in liquid nitrogen and broken. Thereafter, metals will be separated for a re-use
- Has a LEDs State of Charge display
- Has a very low self discharge rate, making the maintenance of charge periodicity 3 times spacer than the best lead batteries
- Can reach Operating temperature in charge : from 0°C to +60°C and Operating temperature in dischargeet from -15°C to +60°C
- Contrary to lead batteries, the PowerStart battery voltage do not decrease a lot, what allows to deliver a constant power in the starter
- Reduces the breakdown risks, in particular in case of storage
- is provided of a BMS system which insure a better lifespan
Your regular questions about 12V Lithium-ion Start battery :
- What can I do if my 12V Lithium-ion Start battery is completely discharged?
- How to place 12V Lithium-ion Start battery?
- Can I use a conventional charger for my 12V Lithium-ion Start battery?
Easy ! Recharge your lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery in 2 hours. Against lead batteries which need betwwen 24 and 48h (because of lead sulphate présence).
The 12V Lithium-ion Start battery products are created with a robust design enclosed in a sealed and waterproof case.
All our batteries can be placed in any positions (tilted or lying). There is no obligation to install them upright, as for the conventional batteries in Lead/AGM..
Conventional Lead-Acid battery charger: PowerBrick® Battery Management System (BMS) is designed to be compatible with standard chargers. You need to check that charger has a built-in CC/CV charge algorithm (Constant Current / Constant Voltage)
Lithium-Ion charger: This is the best way to charge PowerBrick® Lithium-ion battery. These chargers embeds some dedicated charge algorithm with precise charge voltage. It also manage efficiently charge floating voltage and duration in order to maximize battery life span.
Ok, but what about overheating, explosion, fire risk ?
The Lithium-Ion iron Phosphates (LiFePo) PowerStart batteries integrate an electronic system embarked (BMS) which controls the charge and discharge of the battery.
Moreover, there is no risk of acid escapes as lead batteries. Considering their composition, there is no risk of explosion, nor of fire.
And regarding the environment?
The components are much less aggressive for the environment than those used for the classical batteries.
Our 12V lithium-Ion batteries are respectful of the environment and ecological.